Don’t know what to do this week? Here are six things to do in Columbus:
1. Drop by the Wahoo’s Fishtailing Group in Columbus for sale. It features beer by the bottle, some food, a pool table and more. It’s near Downtown Columbus.
2. Kids can skate at more than 40 other local rinks, including Center Ice Columbus, during the Blizzard Rink Days event next week. Check out the event Web site for a list of times and locations.
3. Skip the standard Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday. Design Your Mom Yourself is the appetizer special this year at Nieves in Olentangy. The business is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
4. You have a few more days to view the National Signing Day Public Photography Exhibit at the Ohio Historical Society’s Fortus Gallery. The exhibit began May 7 and will run through June 23. New this year, the gallery will showcase local teenage photographers.
5. Get a tan and learn about Polish heritage during a weekend getaway to Kings Mills. It’s all part of Shukla’s Polish Cultural Festival, being held at Kings Mills on Saturday and Sunday. During the weekend, there will be Polish craft vendors, game booths, a a Rodeo Grounds, grub, a concert and a kids’ area. Admission is free.
6. Crew up your car and head to I-75 for a 2-hour beginner-level cruise and hot rod show hosted by Columbus Motor Club. The event is Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Ohio Turnpike between Reading and Greenfield.